Coconut Lime Shrimp with Peanut Sauce
Author: Barbara Walker
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3 tbsp. Finely chopped scallion and garlic
- ⅓ cup Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. Coconut milk
- 1 tsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup Chopped basil
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp. Finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. Finely chopped onion or spring onion
- 1 ½ tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. Soya sauce
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar
- 20 shrimps or fish fillets
- Sauté the scallion and garlic. Add other ingredients and then puree and keep warm.
- Blend all the ingredients together and marinate the shrimps or fish for at least 2 hours.
- Grill the fish ( if using shrimps, place the shrimps on a skewer ) basting with the marinade.
- Serve with the warm sauce.
Recipe by Hotel Mockingbird Hill - your Home in Jamaica at http://www.hotelmockingbirdhill.com/coconut-lime-shrimp-with-peanut-sauce/