For those seeking a healthy alternative eat during the World Cup which will cool stress levels and tempers during the match, meet our grilled mango salad that bursts with the flavours that Brazil’s immigrants bought to the country.
Mango Salad with Basil and Marinated Mozzarella
A light, refreshing summer salad that is packed with the flavour of delicous mango and fresh herbs. Marinating the mozzarella like this just enhances its flavour. So easy to make and it's such a creative, special starter that it is a winner with everyone.
Author: Barbara Walker
Recipe type: Starter
- 2 – 3 Mangoes
- ½ lb Mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. Coriander coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Basil coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp. Tarragon coarsely chopped
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- Zest from 3 limes
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tsp. Peppercorns
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Roughly blend the marinade ingredients together.
- Marinate the mozzarella in the marinade for 6 hours before serving.
- Cut the mango into 2 cheeks and grill until you get nice grill marks.
- Layer the basil, mango and mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving