If you’re heading down to beautiful Jamaica, you may only think you need a pair of flip-flops and some sunscreen, but there is so much more this island has to offer! You want to be prepared for the fun-filled, safe and comfortable Jamaican vacation you will experience.
Less is more when it comes to travelling light, but make sure to pack the essentials – you’ll be glad you did!
Clothing & Gear
- Jamaica has nice warm weather all year round so light-weight clothes are a must – cotton is the coolest material to wear. Pack casual and comfortable clothing for the day.
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water shoes are good if you plan on visiting one of the waterfalls or decide to walk along the cliffs
- A backpack filled with a change of clothes, water, camera and snack is ideal for day adventures and/or beaching
- In Jamaica, the sun is strong! Sun block with a high SPF is important since you’ll be enjoying the outdoors for most of the day
- Aloe will provide cool relief in case you get sunburn
- A good pair of sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat will provide extra protection from the sun
Bug Bite Protection
- Insect repellent is a must for tropical climates, especially at night. In Jamaica, bugs are actually not that much of a problem. However, depending on the season you may get a couple mosquito bites here and there, and bug spray will help to keep them away
With these essentials in hand, you’ll be ready to explore and experience everything that Jamaica has to offer! Is there anything you think is a must-bring for a Jamaican vacation? Please share!