Are you looking to get married in Jamaica? Here’s our list of the official documents and requirements you will need to create your dream Jamaican wedding .
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be on the island a minimum of 48 hours prior to the wedding
- State–issued birth certificates; please note that Passports will not be accepted in lieu of birth certificates
- Copy of Photo ID or Passport
- If either the bride or groom has been divorced, the first and last pages of all court certified final divorce decrees
- If widowed, a state issued death certificate with related marriage certificate
- If applicable, legal name change or legal adoption documents
- If any original documentation is issued in a language other than English, they must be professionally translated into English and included in the documents sent to us.
- Please do not supply original documents as they will not be returned; they are kept by the Jamaican Government.
- For the purpose of authenticating your personal documents, Jamaica requires notarization before they can have legal effect. To have your documents authenticated take them to a notary public. He or she will take a copy of the documents and notarize the copy attesting to having seen the original.
- Please send the notarized copies of the required documents for both the bride and groom to Hotel Mocking Bird Hill via courier service or via email scan with ‘Wedding Documents’ in the subject line
- The documents should be sent at least 60 DAYS prior to the arrival date.
DOWNLOAD our wedding brochure