The secret ingredient to making our sublime breakfast mango and cucumber smoothie is sweet curry leaves.We love the subtle aroma and flavour they impart into this cooling smoothie.
Many of our guests whose tummies are slow in getting accustomed to the Caribbean sun have appreciated their super digestive boasting qualities which preps them for a hot summer’s day or when back home and facing a heatwave in Europe. Try one after our Saturday morning yoga classs.
- Cucumber medium sized: 1, washed, peeled and diced/cubed
- Mango: 1 small unripe, peeled, sliced
- Mint leaves: 5-7, washed (or mint paste: 1tsp)
- Curry patta (sweet neem) leaves: 4-5 washed
- Salt to taste
- Honey: ¼ tsp
- Cold water: ½ cup
- Wash all the above ingredients, peel, dice whatever is required;
- Combine in a mixer or blender jar (if your blender jar has a mesh/pulp filter, use it pls)
- Blend/pulp at medium speeds for about 2min, then at high speed for another 2min.
- Strain using the blender’s pulp filter or strainer, into a jug or tall glass;
- place in refrigerator to chill for about an hour.
- Serve cold.
- Discard pulp.
- The above quantity makes one standard 200 ml serving. One can take a little of the pulp to “bulk” up the drink.